Google

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Norovirus epidamic

I think many of you already know that right now in Japan, an epidamic caused by norovirus is spreading rapidly. And eariler this month, Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry issued warnings in 45 prefectures, all except Aomori and Okinawa. Also, today, there was a news that 32 guests who were staying at a hotel in Kusatu had symptom of of vomit and diarrhea. Among those, from 5 patients, the norovirus were found. Like the case here, mass infection has occured in many places. The spread of the norovirus is mainly caused by food poisoning, especially through foods like raw oysters. However, you can also be infected from the vomit of others suffering from the disease. In addition, norovirus can still spread for up to about 10 days after it has dried up, and only a tiny amount of the virus is required to make someone ill. To tell the truth, my brother was infected by the norovirus before many people noticed or paid attention. Fortunately, no other members of my family, including myself got infected. By wathchig my brother, I thought you have to go through great suffering if you were infected. To avoid the infection, I heard that you should wash your hand carefully before you eat. This is not a difficult thing to do. So, let's do what we can do to avoid the infection!

No comments: