Google

Thursday, September 27, 2007

"The anti-smoking Olympics"

Today, a variety of anti-smoking activities are held all over the world. People come to know that smoking is definitely bad and harmful to their health. And then, as one of this kind of activities, China which has the greatest number of smokers in the world started severe anti-smoking campaign. It is aimed to prepare for The Beijing Olympics which will be held next year. Chinese government wants it to be "The anti-smoking Olympics". This campaign is very effective for both keeping towns clean and not making visitors harm. On the contrary, China is the country which has developed its economy by producting tabacco. Therefore, it is possible for Chinese economy to keep going down. This anti-smoking activity can be positive and negative to China.

2 comments:

RAY said...

This seems a good news to me. I am a one of anti-smokers. Smell of the smoke disturbs me so much and I don't want to walk near the smoker. Even the smoker is stinky too. Everyone know that smoking is so harmful for all people, but why they don't stop smoking? I know that nicotine is so addictive. So why they start smoking? This is so strange.

Cristina said...

In fact, the number of smorker is very big. But, I also think smorking is a very bad habit. I hope many smoker give up smoking in this activity.