Google

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Japanese culture

On New Year's Day, I spent time with my family at my grandmother's house in Ibaraki. I wore a Kimono, ate Osechi, and had a very good time with my relatives. Of course I got Otoshidama. In Japan, there are many traditional events and customs. However, I think young people are now not interested in them. Actually there are litttle opportunities for us to wear a Kimono and we tend to prefer Western food to tradtional Japanese food. I suppose we Japanese should be proud of our culture and protect them.Fortunately, our culture has become very popular all over the world such as Manga. I had belonged to tea ceremony club for 3 years, but there are still so many things I don't know about. I think it is very important for us to learn and send our culture to our posterity.

No comments: