Google

Friday, January 12, 2007

Japanese religion

Happy new year, everyone! Long time no see!!To tell a truth, I forgot the existence of this blog... But I have to get a grade! Anyway,for my first point of year 2007, I would like to write about Japanese religion. In America, over 80% are christian, so they go to church every Sunday, pray before meals, and at Christmas time, they attend worship and celebrate Jesus Christ's birth. Their belief in God is very obvious in their daily lives. Even presidend Bush sometimes quote the part of bible in his speech. How about in Japan? I think the most major religion in Japan is Buddhism, but I think Japanese citizens don't know what religion we belong to. Because we don't have a custom that go to shrine every week. But almost all Japanese pay a visit to a shrine on New Year's Day! Isn't it strange phenomenon? I don't know why it happens. But I think it is one of Japanese characteristic. Anyway, I went to Meiji shurine too! There are soooooo many people! I can not understand Japanese peculiarity. see-ya:)

No comments: