Google

Monday, October 22, 2007

Death Penalty

I have read an articl in a news paper about Japanese death penalty. Japan is one of the minority countries which still excutes death penalty. In the article, Amnesty international, a group that opposes death penalty, criticized Japanese law system of punishment. They said Japan should ban the capital punishment because 1:death penalty is the worst punishment and it violates the suspect and its family's human rights, 2:other developped countries such as E.U. countries have already banned death penalty. I think this topic is very sensitive and controversial but I cannot accept the idea of Amnesty International. Each societies and culture has its own values and idea of the truth and it influences the idea of punishment too. There was also a survay that said more than half of Japanese people support death penalty in the article. When we discuss about death penalty, we should regard our values too.

2 comments:

omochi said...

This is difficult problem. But I think human life is the most important in the world. We have to think more seriously about death penalty.

Naho said...

I also feel this is one of the most controversial problem. But I think death penalty has some effective points to decrease crimes.So I think this panishment should be exist as a potent detterence for crime.