Google

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Escalator's manner

Chinese subway station urges a person who hurries to walk the left side , and a person who don't hurries to stand the right side in Escalator. This promotion activity is a part of the manner uplift for the Beijing Olympic Games of 2008. Kanto region people in Japan who hurries has the habit of standing the left side, people who don't hurries has the habit of waiking the right side in escalator. Chinese style is major in the world. Why is it different in Kanto region? I think Kanto region should change major style, and don't upset in another place.

3 comments:

Goku said...

Kansai region style is major in the world!

tarako said...

I live in Kanto in Japan. I thought it's major rule to walk right side on escalator so I was surprised to know this fact.

ai said...

When I went to America,I was surprised at that escalator manner: like Chinese manner you said. Although I didn't hurry,from force of habit, I stood the left side in Escalator several times during my stay. Finally, I got used to American manner. But when I went back to Japan, from force of habit that I got in America I stood the right side to stop walking this time! It is difficult to adapt oneself to local manners without long stay.