Google

Monday, December 24, 2007

Law forbids parents to hit children

Spanish government made a law for parents not to hit their children. It is to protect children from abuse. Some says that this law makes parents powerless. There are 16 countries that have the same law with Spain in Europe. I thought that this law isn't a good idea. As some people say, parents will be powerless. When I was a child my parents hit me when I did something bad. Then I could notice that I did a wrong thing. I think that is one of a important way for parents to tutor children.

3 comments:

Tim said...

It's very difficult issue. I think violent abuse is bad, but to forbid even slight hitting will make rather problem. And I think this law will not work because anyway bad parents will hit their children secretly. To protect children is the most important, but I don't think that it is the best way to make this law.

puru said...

I think its over protect for children. By not hitting children for discipline, kids may be spoiled. Hitting just for emotions
like anger should be prohibited, but for other cases I think its OK.

Kuro said...

I agree with you. Also, I think hitting is not the only way to abuse. In my opinion,abusing children by insensitive remarks is more vicious than hitting. But this cannot be forbidden because most of people cannot aware of this act. It is a difficult problem.