Google

Friday, June 22, 2007

Eel prices

I heard that the eel prices will be high because eel are in danger of extinction. I like to eat eel especially in summer. I think somone like eel, too. We eat domestic eel and imported one in Europe. But in Europe, recently the yield of eel is decreasing because they catched so many eels. Perhaps you may think "why don't we breed eel ourselves". Eel are very dificalt species to breed. Their detailed behavior is not understand well. If we can breed eel, we won't affect of high eel prices. We need more high technology and investigation to escape this problem. Probably, price of other species may be high like eel in the future. We have to think not only better human life but also life in all over the world.

1 comment:

aomidori said...

I don’t like to eat eels but this incident is a big problem to us. If I won’t eat salmons cheaply, my dinner table won’t be satisfactory to me. So I will be so sad.