Google

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Severn Cullis-Suzuki

Good evening. Today, I want to talk about a speech of legend. Do you know Severn Cullis-Suzuki? She is one of the most famous environmental activists in the world and she did a wonderful speech in the Earth Summit in 1992 when she was twelve years old. She appealed to adults to save the environment. When I heard this story from my friend, I couldn’t believe it because she was only twelve years old. But her speech was very good and right. I think she had already understood about crises of the earth. Her speech’s main point is “You should practice things which you were taught from adults in your childhood.” For example, “Don’t contend.” and “Don’t be greedy.”, ”Respect other people.” I agree with her opinion. We should do natural things. I was so surprised this speech and you must be surprised this too. So if you want to see, you can find this at You-tube. I want you to see this speech very much.

No comments: