Google

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

automatic cash registers

Hello again! This time I would like to write about some interesting thing I found when I visited United States this summer. When I was shopping at a store and waiting in a line to pay for my products, one of the cash register was automatic without cashier! I was surprised, because there are no automatic cash registers in Japan. This is how it works; first, you scan products by the bar code reader. Then, the machine will show you the total price, so you insert your bills and coins in the machine. Finally, you get your change and put your purchased items in the plastic bag by yourself. As I said before, automatic cash registers are not common or maybe they don't exist in Japan, but I'm sure we will be seeing these machines in our local supermarket soon!

No comments: