Google

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Learning from my part time job

After reading a post of NONNO, I also felt like writing about what I learned from doing a part time job. What I think from doing the part time job is about freeters. There might be some people who do not know what freeters is, so I would like to paste a definition of freeters from Wikipedia. Freeters is a Japanese expression for people between the age of 15 and 34 who lack full time employment or are unemployed, excluding housewives and students. These people do not start a career after high school or university but instead usually live as parasite singles with their parents and earn some money with low skilled and low paid jobs. The low income makes it difficult for freeters to start a family, and the lack of qualifications make it difficult to start a career at a later point in life. The number of freeters are increasing in recent years, and that has been a problem of Japan. However, at my part time job, I learned the importance of freeters. There are many freeters at my job. Freeters can work many hours compared to students who can only work few hours at night. If there were no freeters at my job, it would be very difficult to maintain the place. I think there are many place that need freeters as a employee, and in each place freeters play an important role. It has been said that freeters are bad and they are problem of Japan, however, I think Japan is needing freeters in some ways. If freeters are a problem, Japanese government should change the working system that is relying too much on freeters and try to decrease the number of them.

No comments: