Google

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

English education

Hi! Today, I read an article about English education in Philippine. And I think about it in Japan. In Asia, Philippine people's English ability is high level because America used to govern Philippine. However, it is a problem now that Philippine people's English ability is going down, while the demand for English is higher. There are call centers from Western countries and many overseas students come to Philippine. So people who can use English can get jobs easily. And the Philipine government oblige to use English in all classes from the 3rd year of elementary school so that people's English ability becomes higher. In Japan, English education is a topic which people often pay attention. I think this Philippine government's idea is good. But, if this is done in Japan, it will return to a problem. I think studying English is neccessary, but studying Japanese is also very important. So I do not think earlier studying English is good education. We Japanese should know about Japan more. I think it is not too late to study English after studying Japanese well. What do you think?

No comments: