Google

Monday, October 09, 2006

Great change in fast foods!!!

"McDonalds, McDonalds! Kentucky Fried Chiken and a Pizza Hut!!" Have you ever heard this song before? I remember singing it in my childhood with a little dance to it. I enjoyed singing it, but as I recall that memory, a kind of worry arose within me. It obviously tells children how tasty and good they are, as well as influence them to actually take action and go to such places. Needless to say, many people around the world do tend to eat fast foods. Especially in the United States where those franchised fast food restaurants such as McDonalds, KFC and Wendy's originally came from. It's true that they are quite attractive. They are cheap, tasty, and fills your stomach in such a short time. Some even have party rooms for the kids to enjoy in. It's like a "dream world", some may say. But they never tell that those foods are causing obesity, which is the highest death rate in the U.S, do they? But good news folks!!! I found an interesting news article in the Japan Times. New York is proposing a new idea for such restaurants to change their oils, butter and shortenings so that they have less 0.5 gram of trans fats per serving! And those meals are said to taste no different from the ones before! This must be a very good news for the people who love fast foods But will I go?? Maybe not...I guess I'll stick to natural foods.

No comments: