Google

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Childrens' physical strengh declining

Hello! Today I'd like to introduce a shocking article involving children. According to the research conducted by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in 2005, childrens' physical strengh from elementary shool to high school is showing a declining tendency compared to the past. Causes of the decline are 1. watching TV for long time 2. not eating breakfast. Also, serious cases have been reported from schools. In one case, some children can't run straight in the race, which is showing the decline in their balance ability. According to the sports supervisor, this is because children these days tend to stay at home and play video games rather than go outside and play tag. To me, it's surprising that children rarely play outside beacuse when I was in elementary school, I used to play tag with my friends almost everyday. I know that stuff like computer games are very attractive, but we shouldn't forget the joy of running outside and playing sports.

No comments: