Google

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Education in Sweden

Hello! Recently I'm doing a research on the Swedish education for one of my class and I found out something interesting which I want to share with you all. First did you know that in Sweden, the public school expenses from elementary school to high school is free? Although the high school education is not compulsory, many students choose to study in high school. Furthermore, school lunch is provided for free! As you can see, paresnts have to pay little for their child's education. On the other hand, in Japan it coasts about 531ooooYen from going to public preschool to highschool. This is because many students, sepecially middle school students go to cram school, which raises the coast of school expenditure. I think Japanese are spending too much money on their kids. If the student is taking school more seriously and listning to the lectures, that kid wouldn't have to go to the cram school. Also, Japanese government should promote the scholarship or student loan system for the college students. I think many of us are relying too much on our parents to pay the college tuition fee.

No comments: