Google

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Birth rate

Today, The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare announced that the total special birth rate in 2006 increased more than the previous year by 0.06 points and it became 1.32. It is after an interval of six years to increase more than the previous year. The factors are business recovers and the number of marriages increased. The population of Japan is a decreasing tendency now, so it is good that the birthrate increased. However, it is said that it doesn't change the matter that it is a decrease tendency for the long term. I worry about the future of Japan because the population decrease greatly influences economy and social issues.

2 comments:

kitty said...

I haven't heared the number of Japanese population increases, so I was surprised at this article. How many children do you want in the future? I want one or two children because it costs much money to raise them. Like this, I think if Japanese economy becomes good, the number of population will increase.

beaver said...

I was surprised to hear this news. What make the birth rate increase? Anyway, I want many children in the future!!