Google

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Meron Existed 2100 Years Ago

In Japan, Shiga prefecture, a meron was excavated. It seems that it existed 2100 years ago! I was very surprised! They say that seeds of meron have ever been excavated, but skins and fruit of meron have never been excavated, and it is the oldest of all of the world. I didn't know that seeds of meron have been excavated. I have had interest in excavation since I heard this news. In Japan, 2100 years ago is the Yayoi period, so people in the Yayoi period had been eating meron! It was different from what I have expected. I didn't like studies of the history, but it is very interesting when I see the history from these excavation. I want to know what people living in 2100 years ago thought when they ate merons.

2 comments:

persimmon said...

It's amazing! So yayoi people was also eating meron though its taste was not exactly same.

yuya-u said...

I was surprised. What kind of taste would do the then melon? I feel like want to try to eat...