Google

Friday, June 01, 2007

Dialects

Hello! I'm a Japanese University student. These days I'm interested in dialects. There are many languages in the world, and there are much more dialects in the earth! I have a friend who has dialect. She is from Aichi. She often speaks standard Japanese, but sometimes she says dialect. for example, she says "dera" which means "very". I'm very interested in it, because I don't use dialects. I live in Saitama so I always speak standard Japanese. My friend don't like her dialect, but I think dialects is proud thing, because it is only one language in the world. My friend should speak her dialect more often, I think. Do you know any other dialects? Tell me!

1 comment:

Luke said...

My friend speaks in a dialect, too!
Also, he speaks Nagoya dialect.
In fact, sometimes, I can't understand the words he says.