Google

Friday, June 01, 2007

Marriage

Norika Fujiwara, a Japanese famous actress, held a wedding reception. People find the best partner and marry him or her. Usually, people don't think the marriage style and think it is natural that people marry one person. However, I learned that there are some marriage style in the world in the class of cultural anthropology. In Japan, monogamy is enacted in the law and maybe most of countries in the world are same. But some countries admit polygamy; man or woman have plural spouses. For this, people's life and culture are very differnt. I was very surprised because the thing what I thought natural was different there. However it is natural that many systems are exsited. We should not conceive a prejudice against them and have to understand. I think I am happy to know that.

No comments: