Google

Monday, November 27, 2006

"Everyone's late but me"

Hi. Today, I read an strange article. According to a survey, nearly all Portuguese people think they are punctual but believe other Portuguese are not. The survey also showed that two-thirds of buisiness meetings in Portugal start late, and over 50% of buisinesses do not meet deadlines. I think it is funny. Don't you think? I felt that the survey represents the national character. I watched a TV program before in which many foreign people working in Japan talked about Japanese culture. They said that in their country, they decide time to meeting 30 minutes earlier because people are not punctual and they are usually late for about 30 minutes. But, they have never heard such story in Japan. I think Japanese people are punctual when they work. And in Japanese factory, Japanese workers hardly make defective products. Those points are good. And I think I cannot notice those good points without comparison with foreign countries.

No comments: