Google

Sunday, November 05, 2006

like a spectacle, too much

I saw today's valley ball match between Japan and Korea on TV. The match itself was really excited... but I feel really strange. What is strange? I think there are too much things that irrevant to the match. Nowadays it has be common that famous singer or entertainer become a "official supporter" and appear on the TV program to cheer the athletes. Or, before or in the middle of the match, those programs broadcast the interviews for athletes in very dramatic way like "She endures hard practices...(in soft and gentle voice)" like that. I heard that TV stations do so is not able to avoid because they must gather people's special attention. And I know that people tend to see such show if the famous actors or actresses appeared. However I think to make sport like a TV show too much bothers the real its attraction. Also those "making stories" are one of the cause of dramatizing news, more important things that happen in real world. I think this "spectaclizing" of sports or news may continue and deepen. How do you guys think about it? is that just too warry?

No comments: