Google

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Visiting my biology teacher

The other day I went to the school festival at Tokyo University of Marine Science & Technology with my friend to meet my former biology teacher. When I was a high school student, I was in his biology class. Thanks to him, I loved biology. Since he is a man of knowledge, his lecture was very interesting. He was only one teacher who had a doctor's degree in my high school, but he moved to Tokyo University of Marine Science & Technology to start his new life as a researcher. His major is systematics of alga, which seems to be kind of boring for most of us. Every day he finds alga in the water, takes it to his laboratory, and categorizes it. And if he finds a new one, he names it in latin language. He said, "Teachers always try to output their knowledge. And I've been a teacher for many years. But now I wanna learn (input) something new, like my students did..." He is in his late 40s, yet he is energetic, with enthusiasm toward learning. Oh, I should study harder than him...'cause I am a college student!! He told me to read a lot of books and newspapers.We talked about our society. At last, he said, "Please don't forget to take me to a bar in Ginza someday. Can't wait for it, ha ha..." I respect him very much. Someday I'm sure I'll meet him again...in Ginza bar. ^o^*)

No comments: