Google

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Slow-Food

In the 1960s, Japan's first instant ramen(maybe cup-noodle) changed people's eating habits by making it possible to have dinner in a few minutes. Also fast food companies from U.S changed them greatly. We can eat anytime, anywhere we like. But these chnges raise questions. Do we forget the pleasure of taste? Are we really enjoying the act of eating? I heard in some cuntries people spend more than 2 hours on eating. In such a situation, we can enjoy not only, of course, eating but also conversation. I guess eating make it easy to talk about many things from our heart. That is partly a reason a man asks a woman whom the man likes for a dinner?, I think. Today, many young students commit suicide. I feel it's partly because it is pretty hard for them to have people whom they can tell thier anxieties or worries in present ages. I wonder if slow-food would make thier opportunities to speak thier minds increase?

No comments: