Google

Monday, November 20, 2006

U.S. soldier Pleads Guilty to Iraq Astrocity

Hi! Today, I read a terrible article. Last Spring, in Iraq, one of four U.S. soldiers raped a 14- year-old girl and killed her and her family. Then he was pleaded guilty Nov.15, and agreed to testify aginst others. When asked by the judge why he had paricipated in the attack, the solier said, " I hated Iraquis, Your Honor, They can smile at you, then shoot you in your face without thinking about it." I have watched a TV program before about a U.S. soldier escaping from Iraq. When he was in Iraq, he was almost crazy because he could not stand fight with people and he decided to desert from the battlefield. Now, though he lives with his family peacefully, he still has nightmare about the battle and he is afraid of big noise because it reminds him of war. So I thought that the soldier had also unusual mind in Iraq. In conditon of war, people might tend to commit such crimes more easily than usual. However, I think it is not completely impossible for him to have been rational. So I think it is proper that he was pleaded.

No comments: