Google

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Candidate Standing Alone

I'm a student in Japan. This is my first contribution. I can't write good sentences in English, but if you read my contribution, I'm very happy. Now, on April 8, there were unified local elections in Japan. On April 7, I saw an unlikely sight at the nearest station. It was eleven o'clock p.m. A man who was candidate and hold a flag stood alone at the station. Of course, he didn't make a speech because it was late. Keeping quiet, he simply stood, and bowed to people coming out of the station. I was surprised and remembered that I had watched the news a while back. It was the news that a man who was a Japanese movie director had made a movie which showed Japanese election campaigns. And that movie was screened in America. The news showed also feelings of American people after watching the movie. Watching Japanese election canpaigns like bowing and waving, American people had been surprised and said, " Do Japanese decide people who they give their vote to like such campaigns?" To be sure, people have noted their policy these days in Japan. But I think it is the mainstream that people noted mainly an atmosphere and personalities of candidates. It is an interesting point of Japanese election campaign.

No comments: