Google

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What do you think about volunteer work?

If you have free time or vacation, where do you go? I think many people go travel, and most of them choose sighteeing. But these days in America, some people go to developing countries to help poor people. To my surprise, most of them are middle aged. They can experience different cultures, so they participate in the volunteer work. How about Japan? I think most people don't choose the volunteer work, because they want to relax when they have a free times. Perhaps, Japanese people don't care about other countries. I want to take part in the work. There are two points. First I want to know the truth of environmental problems, like disaster and hunger, or orphan and street people. I hear many news about them, but all of them are not always truth, I think. So I want to go to see the reality. Second is to help people. Even if I can do a little thing, someone can be happy. People's smile is a wonderful thing. One smile makes another smile, I think. Therefore I want to join the work. How about you? Have you ever joined some volunteer activities?

2 comments:

snow said...

I have joined volunteer that weeding in my junior high school.
I got tired!

beaver said...

Hello!! I'm beaver.

I also think that volunteer work is important and want to take part in the work. Last summer, I had thought that I want to take part in the work in foreign countries. But I quit because I don't have confidence in my English. But I regretted. It must be my invaluable experience. I want to take part in the work next time.