Google

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Capital Punishment

According to the Internet survey by Mainichi Shinbun, over 90% of people answered capital punishment should be continued. On the other hand, 10% of people answered it should be abolished. People who answered it should continue mostly think Offenders should compensate with their life. Some people disagree with capital punishment because they think people should make up for their whole life. However, I agree with capital punishment. I cannot stand that a offender lives if my family or friends are killed. Also I have heard that offenders are sometimes released from prison even though they are imposed life imprisonment. For these reasons, I agree with capital punishment.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Unfortunately, I'm against capital punishment. Do you remember the judgment of Chizuo Matsumoto, the leader of AUM cult? He had not said anything about his crime and judge sentensed the capital punishment. If I'm the victim's family, I want to hear the truth from the criminal and want him/her to atone for his/her crime in jail. However, I can understand your opinion. I will not be able to stand that the criminal continues to live instead of my family.
Anyway, I'm very sad that even if the bereaved makes effort, their family never revive.